Friday, August 19, 2005

Shurkthoth Needs a Hug

Much as I enjoy a good Black Metal fest, I cannot help but register bemusement at the...er...shall we say, "conventions" of the genre. I'm not sure just precisely why singular names and long, greasy, black hair are the norm--does Cher have some heretofore unspoken influence over the form?--but its gotten to the point that I can hardly tell one band from another based on pictures alone. And while there is certainly nothing wrong with black leather (I happen to swath myself in it at most every opportunity), the "Hellraiser" bondage skirts and "Hell-O Thailor!" harnesses are a touch over-the-top.

Still, one must admit that the thought of Emporer providing live music to the Today Show with Katie Couric is unpalatable. Genuinely amusing (can you imagine the interview?), but unpalatable.

So, shall we talk about something utterly dull and which we can do nothing whatsoever about, like gas prices?

...no?

I thought not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home